Saturday, July 30, 2011

Art of Living #24





Åґ☂ ◎ḟ ʟ☤√ḯη❡ #24 : ‎"I will bless thee... and thou shalt be a blessing." (Gen.12:2).
Ѧ℘☺﹩☂◎łḯ¢ €ϰ℘øüηḓ : In my life at the time of my early twenties when I finished my Engineering, I wanted to become a computer programmer and leave for the west. I went to a south Indian metro and joined in a company as a trainee. As I was about to get in to the main stream companies, something severe happened. At that time my body grew very weak as I was already having hyper hyperthyroidism three times more than normal level. During my college days I represented my college once for a body building competition and was extremely healthy with a very strong body. So I was always self-confident and never thought that I would ever get such a problem in my body. This problem was there for nearly three years before that time, but it had been undetected because of my self-confidence to cover it. I started my way back home and became totally dependent on people to help me. This was the time I realised that I need God desperately and needed to trust Him at all time which includes both my good and the bad.

Then as I was taking medication, I was extremely weak. I would often eat to satisfy the hunger pangs caused by this disease and would immediately go to sleep because of extreme tiredness. I would keep my Bible near my pillow at that time and would read it for some time and then would go to sleep. I did this because only reading the Bible would bring inner peace to my weary soul and body. Then one day while I was sleeping in the afternoon, I heard a voice speak to me saying, "Do my work, I will bless you....". At first I struggled to come to terms with it. When I was young I always had a great desire to be a complete man at 25 years of age, means to be completely blessed in all areas of my life. But I wanted to pursue thing in the world to attain it. Thank God for His grace, he turned me in the opposite direction and made me walk through the path of suffering to reach it. Around 25 years of age when I joined in a small Bible college, God reminded me that I was blessed as I had been thinking and desiring in the past. I was not able to understand why God said to me like that at that time, because I was still partly under medication, great financial stress, shattered dreams and uncertainity about my own future. But praise God, now I have realised that God had said rightly that I am blessed even at that time, only now I am truly able to understand that spiritual blessing is the greatest of all of God's blessing and out of it will flow soulish, physical, financial and social blessing. Today I am so blessed to be a blessing to many.

Abraham believed God's promise and he became a friend of God. The same promise is also a promise to you and me, if we keep believing this promsie of God, very soon people will begin to see that we are blessed in our life by God. The ultimate reason God wants to bless us is to make us a blessing to every one around in our sphere of influence. In other words, the highest blessing we have receive from God is when we become a blessing to others. Stagnant water very soon starts to stink, but flowing water always stays afresh. The same hold for spiritual blessings too. When we bless others, we stay fresh with heavenly daily loads of blessings. When we try to gather it for ourselves, we very soon begin to stink. BE BLESSED AND BE A BLESSING! Blessings....


No comments:

Post a Comment