Friday, July 29, 2011

Art of Living #23





Åґ☂ ◎ḟ ʟ☤√ḯη❡ #23 : "Whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever." (Eccl.3:14).
Ѧ℘☺﹩☂◎łḯ¢ €ϰ℘øüηḓ : In my life, the confidence of salvation came very late. But I was saved at the age of seven. I know of that day, I sat in our Church which was a makeshift thatched roof arrangement we had, because the big thatched Church we had before that time was set on fire by some miscreants just some months before. I began to pray in the afternoon time, but that was a unique day I can never forget. I was praying and a clear understanding came to me that I was a sinner in need of the Saviour Jesus, who I had heard our aunties speak regularly in the Sunday class and in the Church meetings, as I was born and brought up in that very place.

Then I felt a great remorse come upon me, I clearly understood at that time that the reason Jesus died on the Cross was because of my sin which I commited against God. Then as I continued praying for a long time, the very picture of Jesus Christ hanging upon the Cross with wounds on His hand and feet, and blood oozing all over the wounds and His whole body appeared in a vision just before my eyes. It broke my heart still deeply and I prayed and prayed until a great joy came to me, filling my childish heart with peace that cannot be described. Later my mother told me that I prayed until late night and that she called me to come and sleep, but I refused and continued to pray till I fell asleep.

But as I was a naughty guy when I was young, I then continued in my life as usual. We used to go to so many retreats and children's camps regularly as Dad was a missionary Pastor. At that time because we were children, the teaching of the commandments would be the prime thing that they would teach. According to their teaching if we again start doing some evil things, we would lose our salvation. So I would attend the spiritual meetings and feel like I was saved and then after I would come back to home and the normal life starts, then the so called salvation experience received during the retreat would dissipate in to thin air. This went on till the days of my late teens in which I became a hypocrite. But praise God, one day when I was hearing and singing a simple song which said, "Lord, you are changing me....", something supernatural started to happen inside of me as I kept singing it softly over and over again with a broken heart for my hypocrisy towards the Lord. Exactly at that time the Spirit of the Lord touched me and the assurance that I was was changed forever came over me. My dad who saw me how I would act well after retreats and revert back to the samw old life said this time, "Let us see, how long this will continue....". Hallelujah! But things changed that all the people who had seen me before were surprised at the sudden change that the Lord gave me in many areas, one of which was extreme anger which would always lead to unforgiveness. No turning back, the Lord has continued to change me from faith to faith by giving me grace upon grace to reach one level of glory to glory! Praise God whatever the Lord does shall be forever! Blessings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment